All American Drive Thru Coffee
There were some with long lines and some that were quiet. At each one I was greeted by one or two smiling young women. Back then they serve up a double shot of espresso for only a dollar. These blasts of peddling fuel helped me keep a faster pace all of the way to the Canadian border.
As they work one window they provide a pleasant view for the waiting customers on the opposite side. I personally don't ogle but I do glance. Their uniforms ranged from well fitting jeans to Daisy Duke short shorts, this helps the tip jars overflow I'm sure.
There isn't a lot of coffee grown in America other than Hawaii but Americans do love their morning coffee. America may not have the most sophisticated coffee but we do put our unique spin on making it and selling it.
The efficiency of these tiny buildings and the thought that goes into measuring the height of a pickup truck window to provide a proper view is very creative.
I absolutely love seeing these small independent businesses springing up just about everywhere. The corporate chains will always have a blue hair nose ring Barista ready to serve you burned coffee. Why not take a chance on an independent local business.
Yes there are male Baristas and bikinis aren't required but a pleasant smile and a coffee drink to start or end your day is well worth the detour.






No comments:
Post a Comment
I WANT TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS AND STORIES.